I think there are a few types of boyfriends/girlfriends of diabeteic’s.
- Those who don’t know or care to know anything about it. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
- Those who know their partner have diabetes but leaves them to it.
- And those who grab the load and help carry it
I never knew that their were people out there who would want to be in as much of the planning and care taking as my parents did as I was a kid. Kam defiantly surprised me! Here are just a FEW of the things Kam does daily to ‘Grab it and help carry the load’
- Asks me: ‘Hows the sugars today?!’
- Tells me it would be a good idea to check my sugar when I am being lazy
- Knows the complications and is respectful about talking about them
- Knows how to work my glucagon
- Brings insulin to work when I am forgetful
- Is able to prick my finger on his own
- Sets his alarm and helps me wake up when my sugar is lower before bed.
- Understands and helps me get through my Sugar high/low Mood swings. (Which probably has to be one of the hardest things to do. When I am being unseasonable you cannot tell me to check my sugar! I would freak out!! Haha so he bares it and subtle asks about my sugars when I am calm)
- Worries!! When I sleep, about the future, while driving!
A lot right? It is a big list, but not even half of what he does to help me get through everyday!
Thank you for everything you do babes, I love you!